Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Poster Critique Post


This poster is truly inspirational. The intent of this poster is to invoke motivation and determination in the viewer and  inspire them to "seize the day." Any individual ought to be inspired by this poster, be them male, female, old, or young. Although the visuals of the poster may appeal more to women and girls, the message is directed at everyone who reads it. Imagine this image along the side of the highway, on a broad billboard in an open field, motivating each person who drives by. The message is simple enough to read even when zooming by at sixty to eighty miles per hour. This poster also goes well in the working world. Would it not be a pleasant sight as you enter school or work in the morning, to be hung at the door or on a noticeable wall? This poster is best seen at the beginning of each day, to get one off to a great start. This poster is also designed to relax the viewer, to get to take a deep breath and start their day with a positive outlook. This poster directs ones mood in a brighter direction, ready to embrace challenges and strive to succeed.

This poster makes the viewer feel:

  • happy
  • inspired
  • optimistic
  • relaxed
  • determined
  • adventurous
  • elevated
  • imaginative
  • creative
  • focused
  • motivated

2 comments:

  1. First, I want to commend you for the way you presented your work. The way you explained your poster made clear of exactly what your design objective is and the intentions behind it. I was convinced by your writing and was able to completely understand the message you want to convey through your poster. In fact, you were so persuasive that it makes me want to get off this computer and go for a run. Aside from the given information, your poster alone was powerful enough that I didn’t even need to read your description. That’s how good it is. Everything about your poster makes sense. I love the picture and I can’t even think of any other photograph that would fit better with it. Not just that but the font that you chose simply goes well with the image. I see no pixelation or flaws in the image itself. As soon as I saw your image I was instantly calmed and inspired. When it comes to critiquing, this is a text oriented project. Although I have high praise for your work so far, my concern is that it is more focused on the picture and not the text. You mention that it would be perfect for a billboard but with busy commuters racing by it would be hard for them to really grasp your idea in that short amount of time considering the text would be small compared to the whole image. That being said, I think it would be beneficial to make the text bigger and maybe even add a drop shadow to it or something else for it to pop so that it doesn’t get lost in the image. I was thinking maybe even adding a vignette effect to it just on the corners to give it an even better focus. Just a few suggestions. Other than that I can see that your poster definitely has that original thought process behind it and I also find it informative. I’m pretty sure most kids in our grade have no clue what ‘Carpe Diem’ means. Not just that, but it’s different from other happy go lucky trademarks such as Life is Good. That tells the audience that you’ve got the creative juices flowing. So, keep up the great work and I’d give this project a 9 out of 10. Just fix that text and you’ll be all set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to start off by saying, this is an amazing poster and extremely inspirational! Everything on this poster just fits so well and complements one another nicely. Obviously, your message is very clear. Also, the text and picture show no signs of pixelation. It is crisp and clear. I was immediately drawn to the text, but I was soon distracted by the picture. That being said, this is a text based project and I believe you put a little to much emphases on the picture. That is the only flaw in the work, but it is a big one considering the instructions of Mr. Boothby. You may want to consider making the text larger or give it more effects to make it stand out. On another note, the poster is extremely original. I know most kids our age would not have chosen that message. Overall, this poster is amazing!

    ReplyDelete